This is a list of EHS related items that you need to complete when first joining AeroAstro.
Must Be Completed by All Employees, Staff & Students
1) Watch the Emergency Preparedness & General Safety Guidelines Presentation. Don’t forget to sign off on the embedded form to get credit.
This video is a prerequisite to obtaining door access to AeroAstro space.
2) Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
3) Familiarize yourself with the Role & Responsibilities of the EHS Hierarchy.
4) Complete Training Needs Assesment and all required training courses
Must Be Completed by Anyone in a Laboratory or using Chemicals
5) Affiliate with your PI/Course & complete your Training Needs Identification Checklist.
Please be advised if you will be using any chemicals in your research.
AEROASTRO would like you to have all of your ‘Chemical Use’ related training completed within 30 days of receiving door access.
- General Chemical Hygiene Training (course 110) – This can be taken online through ATLAS
- Read the AeroAstro Specific Chemical Hygiene Plan (course 111)- The Plan can be read or downloaded from the link below. Once you have read the Chemical Hygiene Plan please fill out the online form acknowledging that you have read it (This link can be found embedded in the Plan). View the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Hydrofluoric Acid (course 130) – This can be taken online through ATLAS
- Managing Hazardous Waste (course 501) – This can be taken online through ATLAS
6) Contact your group EHS Representative and Fill out the Lab Specific Safety Training Checklist so that you understand the hazards that exist in the lab space you will be working in. For more information about this training.